New Blog: Pattern Review Mc'Call's 7724



 Hey guys this is my new blog where I will be sharing my makes. For years I blogged over at "Sew My Time", which some of you guys may remember; however,  I'm unsure of why some of my pictures show on the old blog, but many of them no longer do,so instead of trying to figure that out- I just decided to start a new blog!


 So hopefully you guys will still rock with me over here on this new blog as well, but let's jump into this review of McCall’s 7724. McCall’s describes this top as a close-fitting button front top that have off the shoulder neckline variations, shoulder pleats, and sleeve variations, with the option for a cold shoulder detail and a shaped hemline.

Love a curved hem
 I was intrigued with this pattern when I initially saw this pattern, not sure if I liked it, but still intrigued, ya know? And of course, I did like most avid seamstress and instantly went to look for reviews of this pattern and interestingly enough there were not many reviews on this particular pattern; however, the ones that I did see provided great information on the pattern and allowed me to see the pattern made-up in real-life. 

 Now, I have to be honest I wasn’t a fan of many of the views on this pattern, other than view C. However, view D is speaking to me, but somewhat in like a whisper, lol.. I know the reviews that I did read mentioned that this pattern ran pretty snug, so I knew going in that I wanted to choose a fabric with a little stretch, which is always comfortable to wear. For the fabric, I ended up choosing a fabric from Mood Fabrics, which I believed was described as a stretch-twill, but feels more like a stretch shirting in my opinion. 

Cuff detail
 In knowing that this pattern was said to be pretty close-fitting, I made sure to tissue fit the pattern prior to cutting out my fashion fabric to see if there were any alterations that I would need and there were none, so I forged through with cutting out my fashion fabric. McCall's rates this pattern as  an intermediate pattern which I would agree due to the buttonholes, facing and cuffs and such; however, I do believe an advanced beginner would do just fine with this pattern.

  This was a great pattern that had just enough bells and whistles to keep you interested without being a nuisance and wearing you out, you know what I mean? This shirt has back fish-eye- darts, which I thought that I would perhaps leave off, but I think that it would could cause the top not to fit as nicely as the intended draft if you were to leave the darts out. The back darts really do create a nice shape imo. There is also the facings: the back and front facing and of course your cuffs with the button detail and the shaped hemline.
Adding your label never gets old does it :)..

  I really do love how this top came together, and I do see myself probably making at least one more, maybe in a more drapery fabric, which I think would lend itself nicely to this pattern. I don’t have any dislikes for this particular view that I made, as all the notches lined up and allowed the pattern to come together effortlessly. Although I would say that the instructions, if you are like me and like to skim through the instructions, do tend to skip around a lot, so just make sure you pay attention as to what view your reading before forging through and sewing. 

IG: candice_be_sewing

Overall, I’m really pleased with McCall’s 7724, which has my sew-jo, mojo ready to tackle a few Spring projects. I've already managed to cut out another top, a new one from Simplicity, so hopefully I can get to that one sooner rather than later. And that may just about do it for me today you guys, but I did want to mention that I also have a new YouTube channel if you're interested . I'm still learning my way around there, but just want to throw that out there in case you're into the vlog type reviews as well.Well you guys that's all for now. I hope to be back soon with more Spring projects!



       You guys as always and until next time be blessed and nothin’ less,peace! ~Candice ~


Comments

  1. I like your new home!! The fabric is beautiful, and your version for this pattern really shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top. The way the top drapes around the neckline/shoulder area is just so nice. Great sewing make. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,girl! I loved your version as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts